Monday, July 5, 2010

You Dropped a Balm on Me!

Ah summertime!  Nothing beats a day at the beach with a cute swimsuit and cool summer libations.  But there is one thing I don't love about the summer is what is does to my skin, particularly my lips.  Together with the eyelids, the lips are some of the most sensitive thin skin on the face.  And we're typically much harder on our lips than our eyelids.  Summer heat and wind, tanning, and chlorine-filled pools in particular damage our lips.  Which is exactly why we need to keep them hydrated to ward off dry, sore, chapped lips.

Now I'm a big fan of Burt's Bees chapstick for the texture and flavor and the softening effect, but lately I've been feeling the need for extra care.  Enter my new favorite, a pick from my stylish brother (thanks lil bro!), Rosebud Perfume Co. lip balm.  You can find it at Sephora and drugstores (including drugstore.com).  Sadly, it's not available on Ulta's web page, but I've heard you can find it at some Ulta stores.  This is the ultimate lip balm.  I purchased it in strawberry, which has a hint of strawberry flavor and scent without being sickly sweet as some flavored lip products are.  It's also available in traditional rosebud salve (my brother's pick) and a minted rose, which also smelled good when I tried it in the store.  They have just a hint of lip-tone pinkish color, but it is very very light.  This is definitely a guy-friendly balm as the color is just enough so that your lips won't look weirdly washed out (which is what happens with some white, clear, and light yellow colored balms).  Best of all, this balm will leave your lips moist and soft for hours, defying physical laws of summer lip balm reapplication.  I applied it several hours ago, and my lips feel smooth and comfortable, and not a bit sticky.  At $7 for nearly an ounce in a tin (i.e., you get to actually use all the product unlike a tube), it's a bargain and a summer must-have.

Lip Treatments by Rosebud Perfume Co. at ShopStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment