Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Squeeze Me, Tweeze Me

No tool is more essential to a makeup bag than a good tweezer.  For most makeup artists and cosmeticians, the main qualifier for a "good" tweezer is sharpness.  You need the tweezer to be really sharp in order to grab those tiny little annoying stray brow hairs.  Tweezerman makes some decent tweezers, but they're not sharp enough for my taste.  I bought Anastasia's (the brow expert) tweezer a couple of year ago, which served me well for two years before dulling (all tweezers eventually dull and require replacement).  To date, the Anastasia tweezer lasted the longest for me.  But I recently replaced it with the Bobbi Brown tweezer, an investment at $30, but a worthy investment.  This is the sharpest tweezer I have tried, eye-gaugingly sharp (seriously, this might double as a self-defense weapon in a pinch).  This tweezer will scout out stray hairs that you didn't even know you had and grab hairs that have barely cracked the skin's surface.  There may be better tweezers out there, but I haven't found them.  You can find them at Bobbi Brown's online store, Nordstrom and nordstrom.com, and select Macy's.


Tweezers & Brow by Bobbi Brown at ShopStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment