Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Dog Eat Dog Eyeshadow: Buxom Stay-There

Buxom (a Bare Escentuals derivative turned full cosmetics line) recently launched a new eyeshadow.  I'm not easily tempted by new eyeshadows since I'm very picky about texture, have pretty much every color I need, and I know the brands I like (MAC, Stila, and NARS).  However, this one promised something new, something different: an eyeshadow that actually stays put all day through sweat, tears, and rain.  And at the same time, an eyeshadow that is not quite a powder but not quite a cream.

Well, I took a chance and bought one of the eyeshadows (all named after dog breeds).  I tried Mutt, which is a lovely medium taupe shade with a bronze micro-shimmer (NOT glitter, which I hate since I am neither 14 nor Lady Gaga).  This shade is THE perfect shimmery taupe and it would easily suit any skintone.  I still can't figure out exactly what this shadow is, and the Buxom and Sephora web sites offer no clues except that it's formulated with Vitamin E.  It has a creamy/gel-like texture, but it is infinitely lighter and dryer than any cream eyeshadow I have ever tried.  Moreover, Buxom specifically says you can use it like a powder shadow with a dry brush.  Intriguing.  I'm determined to figure out what this stuff is.  But more important than what it is, is how well it works.  It goes on light and smooth and delivers a high payoff of color.  And unlike most cream shadows I've tried that promise not to crease and end up looking caked or greasy, it looks and feels light and airy on my skin, and it actually does stay all day.  I tested it out in New York humidity, and it survived a full day of heat, sweat, and even 20 minutes of waiting in a subway tunnel.  My eyeshadow was still in place at the end of the day. I only wish they had a greater color selection, but hey, it's new.

And for all you do-gooders out there, Buxom is making charitable contributions to Canine Companions with every purchase.


Sadly, ShopSense does not have a link to Buxom Stay-There to connect you directly to the shopping, so the picture above is not a link.  But you can find it exclusively at Sephora and www.sephora.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment