Friday, August 6, 2010

Shine On: The Latest Glossing Cream for Hair

I recently scored a deluxe sample of Oscar Blandi's Pronto Gloss.  Blandi is a big name in hairstyling and luxe hair products alike, and even though I tend to prefer drugstore hair products, I've heard good things about this glossing cream.  It's supposed to smooth frizz and flyaway strands while giving that perfect magazine-woman sheen without weighing down the hair.  The directions say you can use it on either damp or dry hair. 

I used it on damp hair before blow-drying, and I must say, it delivered on the light-weight non-sticky texture.  I didn't feel like I had a ton of product in my hair (hate that feeling).  After blow-drying, I noticed my hair was definitely smoother than normal, but I still had a bit of frizz that had to be smoothed with a flat iron.  The best part of this product was definitely the added shine.  I have color-treated hair, and this cream left it looking glossy and fresh like it looks right after a fresh coloring.  It also felt very soft and silky.  It's a bit pricey at $19 for 4.2 oz, but a little goes a long way so it might be worth it.  I do wish that it gave you more anti-frizz bang for the buck, but considering it's truly weightless and left my hair feeling and looking more healthy and shiny, it's definitely a product worth buying.

Styling Products by Ulta at ShopStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment